Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Feeling Like A Rock Star Hijabi


Alhamdulilah!

Today I feel like a Rock Star Hijabi!

I woke up early and said a prayer that I learned from Hisnul Muslim, also known as Fortification of the Muslim. (A gift I got from my sister-girl Zakkiyah.) "All praise is for Allah who restored to me my health and returned my soul and has allowed me to remember Him." Then, after a week of feeling sick and skipping the gym - I put on the above Hijabi Couture top with their matching sports pants and headed for the gym feeling like a sporty little deva. - I hit an aerobics class. And ...WOW! What a feeling! I feeeel good - nana-nah-nah nah! I feeellll nice...!

But that's not the best of it - after class, I took the world's longest ghusl and worked with my natural texture a bit - extra conditioning - separating and twisting and twirling the individual curls that needed it. Just because I wear hijab doesn't mean that I don't take care of the lovely locks the Lord gave me. I just don't always have the time and since my hijab flattens my fullness - I don't often make the time. Today was the elusive exception and I'm loving the results!

It gets better! What a day! I put on my bronzer and I don't know why but that makes me feel extra lovely. Then, for the first time ever, I wore my new Hijabi Couture full-length denim skirt and matching jacket. I rocked it with a hijab my husband gave me way back when we were first engaged. I walked out of that gym feeling like a Rock Star Hijabi.

I got home and found the down-payment for our FIRST BOUTIQUE ORDER here in Marrakech. I ran off to my manufacturer and started the order. What a day! I feel good...! So, good...!

I have to give thanks to Allah for a beautiful day. How Perfect Allah is! I also want to offer this prayer for everyone who has supported Hijabi Couture: "May Allah bless you, your family and your wealth.". Amin.





Sizes




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alhumdulilah I am so glad you had such a great day. May Allah reward you with many more insha Allah

Malek